We Need to Talk About House of Flame and Shadow

This post contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.

This is a follow-up to one of my previous posts, We Need to Talk About House of Sky and Breath. I highly suggest reading it prior to reading this one.

It's that time once again. We need to talk about House of Flame and Shadow by Sarah J. Maas. (If you haven't read it yet, read it here and come back when you do!)

I've been waiting to read this book for over two years, and not only that, but I got to read it two weeks early! I was just grabbing a few things from Harris Teeter on my way home from work when I remembered a TikTok that said how people were finding copies early in Kroger, Safeway, Harris Teeter, etc. I figured I’d check while I was there and THERE IT WAS!! Just two copies tucked in the back of the bookstand. When I tell y’all I clutched that thing to my chest and SPRINTED to the self-checkout I was shaking so bad lmao. It’s the best $32 I ever spent!!

Now, for my actual thoughts on the book... I wrote out my spoiler-y, jumbled-up, grammatically-incorrect thoughts as I read similarly to how I did for my Throne of Glass reread. So please enjoy some more mad and chaotic musings by me:

First, we have some pre-reading notes that I documented in my notes between reading House of Sky and Breath and House of Flame and Shadow (because I just couldn't keep my mind off of it)...

3/3/2022: I NEED THIS YESTERDAY
1/8/2023: Ok theory time this one’s gonna be called House of Flame and Shadow, have Bryce and/or Hunt on the cover, and be either purple or black. Then there’s gonna be a Crescent City 3.5 that focuses on Tharion called House of Many Waters which will be a very pretty turquoise ok I’m manifesting
3/15/2023: I FCKING CALLED ITTTTTT
12/30/2023: Kindle and Walmart Exclusive preorders are SECURED I’m ready when I tell y'all I canceled these after finding my copy at Harris Teeter
1/15/2024: Fighting the impulse to do an entire A Court of Thorns and Roses series reread save for the first book lmao just fifteen days before this comes out send help

Now, for the notes I took as and after I read House of Flame and Shadow...

• Firstly, to whichever Harris Teeter employee fucked up and shelved two copies of this into the corner of the book section just a week before the official release date, THANK YOU! Would not b reading this now without u <3
• Lidia I love you
• Noooo Ruhn and Hunt and Baxian 💔💔💔
• BRYCE I LOVE YOUUUU
• Tharion 💔
• OMG NESTAAAA
• Lmao I was like “who is Sigrid”
• Fuck you Pollux I hope Lidia is the one that gets to kill you
• BRYCE NESTA FRIENDSHIP BRYCE NESTA FRIENDSHIP
• THE MIDDENGARD WYRM WHAT
• AZRIELLLLL
• Bryce explaining what a phone is to Nesta and Azriel may be my new favorite scene in the entire Maasverse
• OH MY GOD RUHN’S HAND OH MY GOD 🤮
• So much is happening right now. SJM YOU ARE A GENIUS.
• Poor Azzy 😭 No chance with Mor, Elain has a mate, and now Truth-Teller? Bro just can’t win
• Man fuck the Autumn King
• YESSSS GO ESCAPE SQUAD
• LIDIA NOOOOOO 💔 RIP it’s joever
• Oh my god nvm Sarah really had us in the first half not gonna lie
• LIDIA HAS SONS??? SINCE WHEN
• QUINLAR REUNION QUINLAR REUNION QUINLAR REUNION
• “That Night Court dude” lmao
• I want Lidia and Ruhn and her sons to just be happy pls
• A big ol fuck you to Misogynist Morven over here
• THARION????? THIS IS SO RANDOM OH MY GOD JUST FELL TO MY KNEESSSS
• All these mentions of dusk and a withered away island… I think our Dusk Court theories may be true y’all
• We have our first spicy scene of the book 50 chapters in and it’s over in like 1 page ooh those BookTok girlies are gonna be pissed
• “Nesta’s world” YES MA’AM THAT’S HER WORLD IKTR
• Sarah has genuinely never let me have a calm moment with this book like the punches just keep on rolling and rolling
• “Do not drink from that-“ “This is not the time to go Alphahole!” “-without me.” I love them so much Quinlar forever
• YESSSSS AUTUMN KING DEATH SCENE
• GO RUHNNNNN
• BRYCE QUINLAN QUEEN OF THE VALBARAN FAE I KNOW THATS RIGHTTTT
• Ember and Bryce my heart
• Ithan Hostrom Prime of the Valbaran Wolves like okay go wolf boy go!!
• “Hello, Nesta” OH MY GOD???
• No because I’m actually literally on the floor rn
• Bryce is so smart I love her
• Connor 💔
• I lowkey want a Tharion and Sathia novel(la) now… the marriage of convenience tension like oh my godddd
• So much is happening right now like SARAH LET ME BREATHE
• YESSS RUHN SHE IS YOUR MATE
• Yessss Lidia revenge time :))))
• THERE’S NO WAY SHE’S KILLING BRYCE NO
• OH MY GOD BRYCE NOOOO
• Jesiba omg 💔
• DANIKA
• LEHABAHHH
• Bryce really pulled a Rhysand on me huh WE ARE SO BACK
• “Bryce Gives Me Magical Oragasms, Literally had texted him” never gets old
• CASSIANNNNNN
• “Rhys and Randall bonded about being overprotective dads” GIVE ME THE BONUS SCENE NOW
• “Cassian grinned and, well, Bryce could see why Nesta might be into a male who looked like that.” Can’t tell if this is an insult or compliment lmao
• So this means were getting another Nesta novel right? …Right?
• Ruhn is so petty lol like that’s a kid
• K so the way that last chapter ended with Tharion… I have a feeling Sarah is setting him up for his own story
• Yayyy flying horsies :)
• Just read the Walmart bonus chapter on Tumblr and oh my god Nesta and Azriel hearing modern music is everything I’ve ever needed in my life
• What a brilliant, beautiful way to end such an amazing trilogy. ❤️ Sarah J. Maas will never not fail the try not to give your readers heart attacks challenge bc this was just 😘🤌. Anyways do not interact I will need three to five business days to process this thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearance of Mekayla Bali

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection, and the Future of Ace Attorney

REVIEW: Eternals