REVIEW: Eternals

This review contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.

The history and future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, summarized into one film.


I think Marvel Studios bit off more than it could chew with this film. Its not the dumpster fire that everyone and their mother is saying it is, but I still think it’s not the greatest Marvel film ever made.

To start this off on a good note, the acting was phenomenal. I would expect no less from an all-star cast. Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie stole the show, with their scenes being my favorites. Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Don Lee, Barry Keoghan, and the rest of the cast were just as great. I only wish that we had gotten to see more of Lauren Ridloff’s Makkari. As a person who is hard of hearing, I loved seeing her representing the deaf/HOH community on screen. 

The story was subpar, as the pacing was confusing at times. The beginning and end of the plot was displayed, but a huge chunk in the middle was missing. I’m hoping that this will be solved in future Marvel projects, as Marvel Studios tends to fix problems when their films flop.

The action sequences were okay at best. With so many characters to focus on, these scenes felt jumpy and rushed. The best fight in the film was the first present-day fight. Simple, easy to follow, and set up what little plot the remains of the film had.

All in all, not the best Marvel Cinematic Universe film, but not the worst either. I can only hope that Marvel Studios will fix this in its future projects. 3 out of 5 stars.

Comments

  1. Hey! I recently watched this movie and I agree with what you said. The action sequences could have used some work, as it was just a lot of them jumping around throwing magic at each other. I didn't dislike the movie, either, though. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearance of Mekayla Bali

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection, and the Future of Ace Attorney